It's been about a week since Amanda joined us. Really nothing much has been changed at the factory though, nonetheless, I feel the weight on one of my shoulders has been lifted off.
Still went to work on Sunday. A Latin event at the Pub night before and a
The effort on Sunday turned out more fruitful than I expected. Although I had more than a bit of worry/doubt on the T4 ligase I was using, I got the construct. I checked the orientation of the insert today. Four out of four were in the same orientation. I bet all 23 other isolates are the same. I wondered how it would have been if I had tried to insert in the other orientation by directional cloning. For the first cloning,
The quality of the extracted product is actually quite amazing. Jason makes fun of me but if I did not use this "stupid" method, we would still be hung up on the NMR and other confusing data. This is the quality I should shoot for in engineering. And now we know this can happen.
It has been cold all day. Up in the north, a storm is causing a lot of flight delays and cancelations. I heard New York has been hit pretty hard.